fineplan

Scavenging Book Stores and Libraries

Currently I'm a librarian and before that I was an archaeologist, a journalist, and definitely a bit of a world traveler.  I tend to mostly read science fiction and fantasy, though I do love a good mystery and I'm a bit of a book dabbler overall. I've been doing Goodreads for awhile, but a friend thought I might enjoy this as well. Let's see, yeah?

Fury - Elizabeth  Miles Something Wicked This Way Comes - Ray Bradbury The Boneshaker - Kate Milford, Andrea Offermann The Monstrumologist  - Rick Yancey The Madman's Daughter - Megan Shepherd Anna Dressed in Blood  - Kendare Blake Ashes by Bick, Ilsa J. [Egmont,2011] (Hardcover) - Ilsa J. Bick
Taste of Books
Taste of Books

The Teen Librarian came up with this fun event for teens this summer.  She called it "A Taste of Books" and basically everyone she co-opted came up with a theme and a snack to base a table of recommendation around.  It was quite a bit of fun and, definitely, food is both a good way to entice people to check out (both ways!) books and to connect them more strongly.  It's good to get all those sense involved, yeah?  Some people even provided recipes to go with bookmarks and books.

A sampling of the tables includes:

Mediterranean reads with hummus, za'atar, olive oil, and bread

Emotional reads with chocolate and peanut butter decadence

"Sinful" reads (ie. Challenged books in the U.S.) with red velvet cupcakes

The shrine to John Green with mint (and other green) M&Ms

Post-apocalyptic reads with jerky

Steampunk reads with scones

Mine?

Well, I was asked to do mysteries, thrillers, or horror...  I decided to combine it all, so I did "Chillers" with popsicles and sorbet.  I added some of the books from my table to this post.