fineplan

Scavenging Book Stores and Libraries

Currently I'm a librarian and before that I was an archaeologist, a journalist, and definitely a bit of a world traveler.  I tend to mostly read science fiction and fantasy, though I do love a good mystery and I'm a bit of a book dabbler overall. I've been doing Goodreads for awhile, but a friend thought I might enjoy this as well. Let's see, yeah?

For Your Listening Pleasure...

Kitty and the Midnight Hour  - Marguerite Gavin, Carrie Vaughn

I've read the book before -- and loved it! -- but I've found that audiobooks of things I've already read are really good to listen to at work.  They don't take my attention too much and I can reacquaint myself with series before I read the next book.

The story is still great the second time around -- but I've noticed that on second read (or listen, in this case) of books with an amusing element amidst a serious story, the serious bits stand out a lot more strongly for me.  This was a much darker experience of the story for me, though I still love Kitty's snark.

The only problem with this audiobook is that I'm really not a fan of the reader.  Her radio voice doesn't work for me and some of the accents she chooses are...  strange.  She also has some really odd pronunciations of certain words...