fineplan

Scavenging Book Stores and Libraries

Currently I'm a librarian and before that I was an archaeologist, a journalist, and definitely a bit of a world traveler.  I tend to mostly read science fiction and fantasy, though I do love a good mystery and I'm a bit of a book dabbler overall. I've been doing Goodreads for awhile, but a friend thought I might enjoy this as well. Let's see, yeah?

You Know Who

The Angel's Kiss: A Melody Malone Mystery - Justin Richards

This was a cute little story that ties into a Doctor Who episode called "The Angels Take Manhattan."  I don't quite recall if this has the same title as the book the Doctor was reading in the episode -- hopefully not, as the references to the Doctor and crew were very obvious and he'd have to have picked up on it.

Anywho, it starts off very well with plenty of humor and atmosphere, but the character kind of bugged me.  She was a lot more arrogant than I felt River to be -- River is mysterious and knows a lot and loves to keep her "spoilers" but I never got the sense that she thought she was better than everyone else.

This isn't really a mystery in the sense that the reader can uncover clues -- it's more the kind where something mysterious happens and we follow the detective until all is revealed.  All in all, this is a cute gimmick for Doctor Who fans and a decent lunch break read.